Shatterproof Polycarbonate Traffic Mirror with Steel Backing
$85.50 – $585.00
The perfect outdoor security mirror or safety mirror where the possibility of vandalizm, or where breakage cannot happen, this is the mirrro. With a polycarbonate lens, it is virtually indestructable. The heavy-duty plastic backing is made of High-Density Polyethelene and will withstand just about any outdoor environment it might encounter. Together, these two materials make this mirror super strong and shatterproof. The best mirror choice for prisions & jails, schools and more.
Made in the USA Mirrors
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Polycarbonate mirrors are often touted as “unbreakable” because of two main factors. One is that it is 250 stronger against impacts than glass (acrylic is seven teen times stronger), and two, it does not shatter. This makes polycarbonate the best choice in prisons, locations prone to vandalism, or where you cannot tolerate breakage (schools, daycare, etc.)
Acrylic mirrors are excellent in most scenarios, but choose Polycarbonate if you need something that meets the specifications above. The polycarbonate convex mirrors featured below are available in different sizes, backings, and number of mounting brackets.
Choosing a Backing for Your Unbreakable Convex Mirror
The are two backing choices below for the unbreakable polycarbonate mirror. In our experience, the heavy-duty plastic backing option is superior to galvanized steel for the reasons below:
- The heavy-duty plastic backing comprises 1/8” High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE). This is rigid and resistant to most chemicals, salty air, water, and moisture. The galvanized steel backing is 20-gauge steel. It is tough as well, but it is not significantly more substantial than the HDPE.
- The lighter weight of the plastic back mirror does better in windy conditions than the steel. Over time the galvanized steel will deteriorate while the HDPE backing will not.
- The HDPE plastic mirror backing is significantly less expensive than steel
- HDPE is resistant to most chemicals.
- HDPE is great in extremely cold & hot weather conditions. Steel will expand and contract more than HDPE.
We do not want to discourage anyone from using galvanized steel. There may be situations where you must use steel, and the plastic option cannot be used.
Choosing a Mounting Style for Your PolyCarbonate Mirror
There are two basic mounting bracket styles, the Z-bracket and the Telescoping bracket (see images here: Convex Mirror Mounting Options.
Z-bracket – works well for smaller mirrors, from 12”-36” convex mirrors. For outdoor mounting, it is not recommended to use a bracket for any mirror over 26”. The telescoping arm is available for all sizes, w/ options for single, double, or triple telescoping arms. For any mirror over 36”, we recommend double-mounted for outdoor use and triple-mounted if the wind is an issue.
|Convex Mirror Size||
12 inch, 18 inch, 26 inch, 30 inch, 36 inch
Z Style Bracket, Telescoping Bracket
|Qty of Brackets||
Single, Double, Triple
Hardboard, Galvanized Steel