What Are Parking Garage Mirrors
A garage mirror will expand public parking garage and home garage visibility to maintain safe and efficient traffic flow while providing security for patrons. They also provide security for blind spot areas where vehicles are parked to deter theft and vandalism. Due to the low light conditions and confined space characteristic of most parking garages, the smallest parking garage mirrors should be at least a 24″ convex mirror. Even for outdoor parking lots; you should not need a parking mirror larger than a 48″ convex mirror. Many public parking garages have extremely low clearance, so a rectangular convex mirror would work best in such conditions. Garage mirrors are also effective as parking mirrors for home carports and garages for preventing costly accidents. Usually, an 18″ convex mirror will provide plenty of visibility in most home garages.
- We recommend a 1.5″ diameter mirror for every foot of distance you will view
- A rectangular convex mirror is the best choice for low-clearance garages
- An unbreakable lens will withstand punishment in areas where most convex parking mirrors have experienced convex lens failures
A Garage Mirror Will Stop Unnecessary Dents and Dings and Provide Security In Parking Garages, Lots, and Homes
In today’s world, a garage mirror will be an extremely affordable yet invaluable asset when considering the enormous vehicles we navigate into tiny parking spaces. Often, we are preoccupied with our cell phones, children, and other distractions and do not pay enough attention to piloting our large SUVs, minivans, and trucks into their confined parking areas. Many public parking facilities are challenging due to low light conditions, low clearances, and twists and turns with heavy traffic flow. A garage mirror will improve visibility and safety for vehicles and pedestrians in parking garages. The mirrors should be placed where blind spot areas are present. These locations include up and down ramps, turns, lane changes, and entry and exit points. Round and rectangular convex models are available in glass, acrylic, and unbreakable lens materials. Rectangular convex mirrors are designed for low-clearance areas, and round convex mirrors will cover most areas.
- Allow for safe navigation for vehicles and pedestrian traffic in confined, poor-visibility parking garages.
- Rectangular mirrors are designed for low clearance conditions.
- Mounting hardware and adjustable swivel arm included.
Not only will a garage mirror help you safely negotiate through the trials of a parking garage, but it also provide welcome security for its patrons. The nooks and crannies in the parking areas often invite unwanted activity and crime. A garage mirror will allow for visibility in blind spot areas, such as stairwells, corridors, around corners, and other hidden locations to provide security. Just the mere presence of a garage mirror will deter criminal activity before an act is committed.
- Excellent for use as a security mirror in a parking garage.
- Provides peace of mind and security for patrons.
- Deters criminal activity.
Our home garages are often undersized for our vehicles and are packed with all our belongings. Even when we pay attention, it’s hard enough to back or pull into our garages. Most are so small that our vehicles only have a few feet or even inches of clearance between the side walls, garage doors, and in front of the vehicle. Accidents can and do happen. A garage mirror often pays for itself several times in the many accidents avoided over a year. Not only will they reduce the risks of running into walls or structures, but they will also aid in preventing running over objects and people. The placement of the mirror is key and varies by application. They are often positioned on either side of the garage door but can be hung overhead from the garage ceiling, in both corners or in front of the vehicle’s stopping point.
- It prevents running into and running over objects or people.
- The cost of a garage mirror is a fraction of the cost of an accident.
- Often positioned near entry/exit points but can vary by application.
Shop our entire selection of Made in the USA garage mirrors built with materials sourced only in the USA. If you need help determining the right mirror size, where to mount the mirror or have any other questions, please call us. We are here to help you, and the call is free. We offer low pricing and quantity discounts; most orders ship in one day. If you discover a better price elsewhere, please notify us, and we will do our best to meet or beat the competitor’s pricing. We want to earn your business.
- Made with pride in the USA.
- We accept government and school purchase orders.
- Please get in touch with us should you need assistance. We have the answers to your questions.
- We make every effort to meet or beat competitors’ pricing.