National Safety Mirror
Made in the USA.
Acrylic Convex Mirrors, Dome Mirrors, Indestructible Driveway Mirrors, Inspection Mirrors, and more, all made in the USA!
National Safety Mirror
Made in the USA.
Acrylic Convex Mirrors, Dome Mirrors, Indestructible Driveway Mirrors, Inspection Mirrors, and more, all made in the USA!
Welcome to National Safety Mirror: Your Source for Convex Mirrors, Traffic Mirrors, and Comprehensive Safety Solutions
Step into the world of National Safety Mirror, where excellence meets safety. Specializing in Dome Mirrors, Traffic Mirrors, Vehicle Inspection Mirrors, Driveway Mirrors, Warehouse Mirrors, and the innovative DomeVex Mirror, we offer a diverse range of high-quality mirrors meticulously crafted to enhance visibility and security across various environments.
National Safety Mirror is a distributor of American-made traffic mirrors, convex mirrors, dome mirrors, and inspection mirrors for use as safety and security mirrors. We are owned and operated by LHE, Inc., which also owns 1800doorbell.com, an online retailer of business doorbells, entrance alerts, and driveway alarm products.
·Security Mirrors & Safety Mirrors are Handmade in the USA
Experience the unmatched quality of mirrors that are handmade with precision and care. Each mirror is a testament to superior craftsmanship, utilizing top-grade parts and labor sourced from the USA. Our commitment to local industries ensures that you receive a product imbued with reliability and excellence.
🌐 Convex Mirrors
Convex Mirrors are versatile safety enhancements, offering expanded views crucial for monitoring and surveillance. Their design allows for a broader perspective, enhancing safety and security in various applications. Convex Mirrors are round with a convex-shaped lens and offer 160-degree views of surrounding images. They are available in multiple sizes, backing and mounting choices, and in acrylic or polycarbonate lenses.
In addition to their versatility, convex mirrors enhance safety and security across various applications. With their unique design, these mirrors provide an expanded field of view, allowing for comprehensive monitoring and surveillance.
The convex shape of the lens enables a broader perspective, up to 160 degrees, allowing individuals to have a clear vision of their surroundings. This feature proves to be particularly beneficial in areas where blind spots or limited visibility can pose potential risks. By eliminating these blind spots, convex mirrors greatly contribute to accident prevention and the overall well-being of individuals. Furthermore, convex mirrors offer a remarkable 160-degree view of the surrounding environment, ensuring no detail goes unnoticed. This wide angle of vision enables users to effectively monitor large areas, making them an indispensable tool for security personnel, traffic control, and surveillance systems.
The availability of convex mirrors in various sizes, backing, and mounting choices further enhances their adaptability to different settings. Whether for indoor or outdoor use, these mirrors can be conveniently installed in any desired location. Additionally, the option of choosing between acrylic or polycarbonate lenses provides users with the flexibility to select the most suitable material based on their specific requirements.
Acrylic lenses offer exceptional clarity and are resistant to shattering, making them a durable choice for indoor and outdoor applications. On the other hand, polycarbonate lenses offer superior impact resistance, making them ideal for high-risk environments where vandalism or accidental damage is a concern.
Convex mirrors are an invaluable safety enhancement that significantly improves visibility and surveillance capabilities. Their round shape, convex lens, and wide-angle view allow for an expanded perspective, enabling effective monitoring and surveillance. With a variety of sizes, backing, and mounting options, as well as the choice between acrylic or polycarbonate lenses, convex mirrors can be tailored to meet the specific needs of any application, making them an essential tool for ensuring safety and security.
- Store Security – Place convex security mirrors above aisles and hidden areas to improve visibility and act as a deterrent.
- Store or Shop Traffic Safety – At the end of an aisle or dangerous intersections, convex mirrors are a valuable safety feature.
- General Surveillance – Potential shoplifters or vandals will see a convex mirror placed in a store or warehouse, and that’s often enough to deter the crime.
🚗 Traffic Mirrors
Traffic Mirrors are your eyes where visibility is compromised. Engineered for clarity and durability, these mirrors enhance road safety, providing essential visibility at intersections, parking lots, and driveways, facilitating smoother traffic flow and reducing accident risks.
Traffic Mirrors are a crucial tool in situations where visibility is limited or compromised. These mirrors are designed with clarity and durability, ensuring that they effectively enhance road safety. By offering essential visibility at critical points such as intersections, parking lots, and driveways, traffic mirrors play a vital role in facilitating smoother traffic flow and significantly reducing the risks of accidents.
In areas where blind spots or obstructed views are prevalent, traffic mirrors act as your extra set of eyes. Whether a sharp turn or a narrow lane, these mirrors provide an invaluable solution to improve overall visibility and eliminate potential hazards. By strategically placing traffic mirrors in strategic locations, drivers can have a clear line of sight even in the most challenging driving conditions.
The clarity of traffic mirrors is of paramount importance. They are meticulously crafted to provide a distortion-free reflection, ensuring that every detail is accurately represented. This impeccable clarity allows motorists to perceive the environment with enhanced accuracy, making split-second decisions with confidence and precision.
Durability is another crucial feature of traffic mirrors. Constructed using robust materials, these mirrors are built to withstand harsh environmental conditions and potential impacts. They can endure extreme weather conditions, including heavy rain, snow, or intense sunlight, without compromising functionality. This exceptional durability ensures that traffic mirrors maintain their optimal performance and remain a reliable safety feature for an extended period.
By effectively enhancing road safety, traffic mirrors contribute to the overall well-being of motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists. Their presence serves as a visual reminder for all road users to exercise caution and be aware of their surroundings. Additionally, these mirrors play a crucial role in preventing accidents and minimizing potential injuries, making roads and public spaces safer for everyone.
Traffic mirrors are an indispensable component of road safety measures. With their exceptional clarity and durability, they provide an essential tool for improving visibility at intersections, parking lots, and driveways. By facilitating smoother traffic flow and reducing accident risks, traffic mirrors create a safer and more efficient transportation infrastructure.
- Entrances to facilities – Quickly inspect the undercarriage of a car or truck entering a facility.
- Inspect the undercarriage for maintenance purposes – Rather than crawling under the car to see apparent damage, use an inspection mirror to scan and look for obvious issues quickly.
- Inspect the top of cars and trucks – Use the long, telescoping arm overhead inspection mirrors to inspect the top of freight cars and semi-trucks to look for contraband or other areas of concern.
🌐 Dome Mirrors
Dome Mirrors are a pinnacle of functional elegance, designed to maximize visibility and enhance spatial awareness. Their wide-angle view optimizes surveillance, ensuring comprehensive coverage essential for preventing accidents and unauthorized activities in various settings. Please choose from our wide selection of full dome mirrors, half dome mirrors, 3/4 dome mirrors, and quarter dome mirrors.
Our wide selection of dome mirrors offers a range of options suited to meet diverse needs and environments. Full dome mirrors, with their complete spherical shape, provide a 360-degree view, ensuring no blind spots and offering unparalleled coverage. These mirrors are perfect for large spaces such as warehouses, parking lots, and retail stores, where a comprehensive view is crucial for safety and security.
For areas with limited wall space, our half-dome mirrors offer a practical solution. These mirrors provide a wide-angle view of 180 degrees, effectively covering a significant area while conserving space. They are ideal for corridors, hallways, and small rooms, where maximizing visibility is essential for accident prevention and surveillance.
Our 3/4 dome mirrors balance the full and half dome options. With a view angle of 270 degrees, they provide excellent coverage in areas where a complete view is not required. These mirrors are commonly used in stairwells, elevators, and other confined spaces, ensuring enhanced visibility and minimizing potential risks.
Lastly, our quarter dome mirrors are designed for specific applications where a focused view is needed. With a view angle of 90 degrees, these mirrors are perfect for tight corners, intersections, and blind spots, allowing for improved spatial awareness and preventing collisions or unauthorized activities.
Each of our dome mirrors is crafted with precision and durability in mind. Made from high-quality materials, they offer distortion-free reflection, ensuring accurate visual representation. Additionally, our mirrors are easy to install, providing a hassle-free experience for our customers.
Please choose from our wide selection of dome mirrors to enhance safety, security, and surveillance in your desired setting. Whether you require comprehensive coverage, space optimization, or focused visibility, our options are tailored to meet your requirements. Elevate your spatial awareness and prevent accidents with our functional and elegant dome mirrors.
- Retail Stores
- Public Spaces
- Parking lots
🌟 DomeVex Mirror
DomeVex Mirror Convex Mirror embodies innovation, offering unique features for enhanced visibility and safety. Its design ensures extensive coverage, making it a versatile choice for various security and surveillance applications.
DomeVex Mirror Convex Mirror is not just your ordinary mirror. It goes beyond the traditional mirror concept and embodies innovation, offering many unique features that guarantee enhanced visibility and safety. With its state-of-the-art design, this mirror ensures extensive coverage, making it a highly versatile choice for a wide range of security and surveillance applications.
One of the standout features of the DomeVex Mirror Convex Mirror is its ability to provide unparalleled visibility. Its convex shape allows for a wider viewing angle, 180 degrees, eliminating blind spots and enabling users to see a larger area with just a single glance. This remarkable feature is crucial in security and surveillance applications, where comprehensive visibility is essential to identify potential threats or monitor activities effectively.
Moreover, the DomeVex Mirror Convex Mirror is designed to withstand various environmental conditions, making it an ideal choice for indoor and outdoor use. Its sturdy construction and high-quality materials ensure durability and longevity, even in challenging environments. Whether installed in a retail store, parking lot, warehouse, or any other location, this mirror’s performance remains unmatched.
Additionally, the DomeVex Mirror Convex Mirror is incredibly easy to install and maintain. With its user-friendly design, it can be effortlessly mounted on walls, ceilings, or poles, depending on the specific requirements. Furthermore, its low-maintenance nature ensures that users can focus on their primary tasks without worrying about constant upkeep or adjustments.
The DomeVex Mirror Convex Mirror is not just an ordinary mirror. It is a cutting-edge innovation that revolutionizes the concept of visibility and safety. With its extensive coverage, durable construction, elegant design, easy installation, and cost-effectiveness, this mirror is the ultimate choice for various security and surveillance applications. Elevate your security measures and ensure unparalleled visibility with the DomeVex Mirror Convex Mirror.
- Comprehensive Coverage DomeVex mirrors are a hybrid of a standard convex and a dome mirror. The DomeVex mirror provides a 160 degree vs the 140 degree offered by a standard convex.
- Multi-Purpose – DomeVex mirrors are a great all-purpose mirror. They are great for driveway blind spots and can often replace two standard convex mirrors. You can also use them in warehouses where you place a dome mirror or a convex mirror.
- Innovative Safety
🏡 Driveway Mirrors
Driveway Mirrors are designed to bolster safety and visibility at driveway exits and entrances. They provide a crucial visibility enhancement, helping prevent collisions and facilitate safer and more convenient vehicle movements.
- Residential Driveways – This is one of the biggest reasons people purchase driveway mirrors. Pulling out of a driveway where blind spots may exist can result in significant accidents. In many cases, the city or county will not remedy the situation, so owners have to figure out their solution.
- Commercial Entrances – As a business owner, you may be liable for traffic accidents on your property. Using a DomeVex mirror or convex mirror to prevent accidents at dangerous intersections is paramount to reducing your liability.
🕵️ Vehicle Inspection Mirrors
Vehicle Inspection Mirrors are indispensable tools for security and surveillance, enabling thorough inspections and ensuring that vehicles are free of hidden threats or contraband. Their design facilitates ease of use, enhancing the efficiency and thoroughness of vehicle checks.
- Security Checkpoints
- Law Enforcement
- Facilities Entry
- Car or truck undercarriage inspections
🏭 Warehouse Mirrors
Warehouse Mirrors play a pivotal role in maintaining a safe and efficient workspace. They enhance visibility in aisles, intersections, and across expansive areas, contributing to a safer and more productive warehouse environment.
- Inventory Monitoring – Although it is one of those issues that’s not fun to discuss, employee and consumer theft are issues. There are always blind spots in a store or warehouse; having a good security mirror is vital. Not only do they provide you the ability to see into those blind spots, they often act as a deterrent to the potential thief.
- Accident Prevention – You cannot put your employees in dangerous situations as owners or managers. A small investment into a safety convex mirror may save you thousands in liability.
FEATURED SECURITY MIRRORS & SAFETY MIRRORS
Choosing the Right Security and Safety Mirror: A Comprehensive Guide
Navigating the world of security and safety mirrors can be a daunting task. With various options like the Convex Mirror, DomeVex Mirror, and Dome Mirror offering unique benefits, making the right choice is crucial. This guide aims to simplify this process, helping you make an informed decision based on essential factors such as mirror size, material, backing type, mounting options, and the intended installation environment.
Selecting the Right Mirror Type:
- Convex Mirror: Known for their wide-angle view, convex mirrors are versatile and enhance visibility in various settings, making them a popular choice for safety and security.
- DomeVex Mirror: A hybrid design that combines the benefits of dome and convex mirrors, DomeVex mirrors offer extensive coverage and are ideal for monitoring larger areas.
- Dome Mirror: Dome mirrors provide a panoramic view, making them suitable for observing broader areas and enhancing overall surveillance.
Choosing the Right Mirror Size:
Your mirror size should correspond with your viewing distance and the area you want to monitor. As a rule of thumb, one inch in mirror size provides one foot in viewing distance. Larger mirrors offer wider visibility but consider the space and aesthetics of the installation area.
Material – Acrylic or Polycarbonate:
Acrylic: Lighter and more resistant to shattering than glass, acrylic mirrors are cost-effective for various environments. Polycarbonate: Known for its durability and high-impact resistance, polycarbonate mirrors are ideal for areas prone to vandalism or harsh conditions.
Mirror Backing Type:
Consider the backing type of the mirror, which contributes to its durability. Some mirrors come with reinforced backing materials that enhance their strength and longevity. For most indoor locations, no backing or hardboard backing is fine. Use the “heavy duty plastic back” (High-Density Polyethylene) or the galvanized steel backing for parking garages and other outdoor locations. In most situations, the HDPE backing is virtually indestructible and suitable over galvanized steel.
Different mirrors offer various mounting options, such as wall-mounting, ceiling-mounting, or suspension. Choose a mounting type that aligns with the installation space and the mirror’s intended purpose. Measure distances before purchase and, ideally, use a spotter to determine the best location and angle of the mirror before mounting it.
For convex, DomeVex, and rountangular mirrors, use the z-bracket for smaller mirrors when mounting outside. Use the telescoping bracket for outdoor locations and larger mirrors, and consider double or triple telescoping arms depending on wind conditions.
Indoor or Outdoor Installation:
Consider whether the mirror will be installed indoors or outdoors. Outdoor mirrors should be robust, weather-resistant, and capable of withstanding environmental elements.
Choosing the proper security and safety mirror involves carefully evaluating various factors ensuring that the mirror aligns with your specific needs and environmental conditions. By considering the type, size, material, backing, mounting, and installation environment of the mirror, you can select a mirror that optimally enhances the safety and security of your space. Please do not hesitate to call us; we would gladly assist.
This SEO-optimized content is crafted in an informative tone, incorporating the essential keywords and considerations to guide users in choosing the proper security and safety mirror. Would you like any modifications or additional information included in the content?
What Are the Major Differences Between a Standard Convex Mirror and a Dome Mirror?
Both convex mirrors and dome mirrors are used to provide a wider field of view than standard flat mirrors, and they’re often employed in safety and security applications. Here are the primary differences between the two:
- Shape: A convex mirror has a curved, outward-facing surface. Think of it as a segment of the outer surface of a sphere or a balloon.
- Field of View: Convex mirrors increase the field of view compared to flat mirrors. The degree of curvature determines the extent of this field of view.
- Size & Placement: Convex mirrors come in various sizes and can be mounted on walls, ceilings, or standalone posts. They are often used at road intersections, parking lots, driveways, and inside stores near blind corners.
- Image Characteristics: Objects in a convex mirror appear smaller than they are, which allows for a broader view. However, this also means that objects appear farther away than they are.
- Applications: Besides safety and security, convex mirrors are also used in automobile side-view mirrors to provide drivers with a wider view of adjacent lanes.
- Shape: Dome mirrors are hemispherical, resembling half of a sphere. They can be full domes (360° view), half domes (180° view), or even quarter domes (90° view).
- Field of View: Dome mirrors provide a more extensive panoramic view than convex mirrors. A full dome mirror, for instance, can provide a complete 360° view of an area.
- Size & Placement: Dome mirrors are typically larger and are mounted on ceilings. They’re commonly found in retail stores, warehouses, and intersections within buildings to provide a comprehensive view of the surroundings.
- Image Characteristics: Like convex mirrors, objects reflected in dome mirrors appear smaller, allowing for a wide-angle view. The distortion increases as you move towards the edges of the mirror.
- Applications: Due to their panoramic view, dome mirrors are predominantly used indoors for surveillance, safety, and theft prevention.
While both convex and dome mirrors offer a wide field of view, the main difference lies in their shape, coverage area, and typical applications. Convex mirrors are more versatile in terms of placement, while dome mirrors are more suitable for indoor panoramic surveillance.